Monday, March 24, 2014

GAMH

This was probably my favorite wedding to design flowers for last year. I haven't even tried to even blog about it, till now. Maybe because of the flowers, maybe the venue. Either way, I waited this long. 

These are the days I look forward to. The bride gives you no creative filter. It's all for you to decide. You conspire in your head and your heart, and poof! Before you know it you feel like you're making magic. That's what I feel like when I do these kinds of weddings. It doesn't always happen this way, but I wish it did. I wish it always felt this good to create.




The arranging started out at the house and ended at my favorite music venue in the city at the historic Great American Music Hall. It's a dream of mine, really. To create flowers for all the music venues in the city and beyond. I don't know why, but I sincerely think that flowers and music must always go hand and hand. In my life, that will always be how I want to live. Without the two, I'm sure I'd be a sad and boring lady. 









Last week, James Vincent Mcmorrow was at the Great American Music Hall. I missed it. Though sold out, I'm sure I could have scalped a ticket. Here are a few songs from his newest album. Happy Monday Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment