Monday, March 17, 2014

Cheap frills, Reaquascaping and Tartit - (Ichichila)Holiyane

Constantly amazed by what I find at the G double O, D WILL. When I'm feeling uninspired, I thrift. When I'm happy I thrift. If I feel like splurging cheaply, I most definitely thrift. I'm pretty sure I hit the Goodwill aisles three to four times a week. I make my rounds in the city and around the peninsula, to ensure myself that I'm not missing out on any treasures. I didn't walk away with anything today. Just enjoyed my chai latte in hand and perused like crazy. I've been on a fabric binge lately. Hoping to scout out a few for some future flower work I'm currently conspiring up in my head. Today, I saw this. If I'm not physically playing with real flowers, I'm looking for fabric that make flowers feel like magic. Sometimes I wish flowers could look like this in real life:
Splashes of olive gold, light and dark aquamarine, baby grey, coral, deep navy. So much cohesion and dissonance of floral splish-splashing.


Brandon's working on another salt water tank installment. Saying bye bye to his 30 gallon, and replacing it with a 57 star fire front panel tank.Tomorrow we start the rock work. He wants it to look similar to this:
He says acquascaping is just like putting a big floral bouquet together. I'm starting to believe it too. 


Some late night tunes for yah. This is Tartit from Timbuktu, Mali. Powerful musicians that really hit your core. Goodnight my fish lovin, flower love childs. I hope this music relaxes you to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment