Sunday, January 25, 2015

de-cluttering and eloping


It's a strange time of the year. The sun is out here in California, but the temperature is nippy. It's winter time and the weird ones come out. I adore these kooky mystical guys.  How'd you ever come to form the way you do. Hairy green/purple eye balls and splotted bloody petals as if a vampire tried to devour a human and left its traces on you. Floral anemones. There's the sea anemones and they're  just as eccentric.
Sea bubble tip anemones from Brandon's tank
The market gets semi depressing at this time. Less blooms are readily available. But more incentive to be out on the hunt. 
Been living out here for a little over a month. Got the studio tidied up. Finally. The chaos piled up. You could hardly see the tattered wooden floors. All the ribbon scattered. Took a bit of organization, but finally can call it my own. 
This is the first personal of the year. For an old friend. It's interesting the feeling I get when I give these away to people I know. When I'm in the studio, I get creatively deep. I take myself to a weird place, in my mind and feelings. I draw myself back to all the memories, everything that made me happy and alive. All the pain and heartache I endured in the relationship. It gives me a push to take the arrangement from one direction and into the next. It forces me to steer in a direction I've never gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment