Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally


 Big Mama Wrasse ( 1st photo, top right) and Leopard Wrasse (2nd photo, bottom left) are finally in the building. I've been having the hardest time photographing these two (via cell phone) as fish aren't the most excited when it comes to cheesin for the camera. Right when I hold up the ginormous rectangular thing, they run (more like swim) and hide. Like I'm some big shark of a cell phone. So finally I got to take a snap of the two. They're the biggest guys in the tank. Three times bigger than the next largest fish. But they are definitely the sweetest, and super friendly amongst the other fish,  considering their size. Everyone gets along and everyone is thriving and happy. Except for the tiniest Chromie. He died the other day. Got eaten by the skrimpies. Brandon rushed to pull what was left of little Chromie out. If you keep dead fish in the tank, it creates severe bacteria that's infectious and could harm everyone (corals included) in the tank. It's sad when they die. But we get over it fast. Not as painful as losing a dog or a cat, or even a 30 lb. iguana as fish don't tend to live for very long.

That's a wrap. I'm done rambling about fish. Here is Fatoumata Diawara. She's here tonight in the city. I wish I was there to enjoy her, but my stomach is aching a bit and I'm currently curled up in fetal position, typing this post, in hopes that it the pain goes away. 
goodnight and happy friday, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment