Monday, March 31, 2014

good days and bad days


We have them. The good days and the bad ones. We take the Yin with the Yang, because without them both, we wouldn't know what it's like to experience the other. In today's case, I took in all the good.

 I finally got to touch flowers today, after a weeks worth without it. I craved it. I needed time alone with them. To reflect on myself. To soak them all in. I foraged wild ones and bought some from the market. I think every arrangement I've done has been a combination of both. It hasn't ever felt right if I didn't take part in finding them in the wild. That's what creativity has always been for me. Taking what's readily available and mixing it up with the not so readily available; the nearly unattainable. 

The photo directly above is a perfect description of Brandon and I. Tomorrow, I'll be using his mixed reef aquascape tank as background for a special arrangement. I hope the fish don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment